Tuesday, January 23, 2018

La Puerta Violeta By Rozalén


biSINGual logo

Learn Spanish With Rozalén


La Puerta Violeta / The Purple Door



Una niña triste en el espejo 

A sad girl in the mirror
me mira prudente y no quiere hablar 
looks at me prudently and doesn't want to speak.
Hay un monstruo gris en la cocina
There is a grey  monster in the kitchen
Que lo rompe todo, que no para de gritar. 
That wants to break everything. that doesn't stop shouting.
Tengo una mano en el cuello 
I have a hand on my neck
que con sutileza me impide respirar 
which subtlety prevents me from breathing.
Una venda me tapa los ojos. 
A bandage covers my eyes.
Puedo oler el miedo y se acerca. 
I can smell the fear and comes close.
Tengo un nudo en las cuerdas 
I have a knot in my vocal cords
que ensucia mi voz al cantar.
that ruins my voice when singing.
Tengo una culpa que me aprieta.
My shame squeezes me.
Se posa en mis hombros y me cuesta andar 
It sits on my shoulders and makes it hard to walk
Pero dibujé 
But I drew
Una puerta violeta en la pared 
a purple door on the wall
Y al entrar me liberé 
and upon entering I will be free.
Como se despliega la vela de una barco 
Like the unfolding of sail on a ship
Desperté 
I woke up
En una prado verde muy lejos de aquí 
In a green meadow very far from here
Corrí, grité, reí.
I ran, I yelled, I laughed.
Sé lo que no quiero ahora. Estoy a salvo.
I know what I don't want. I am safe.
Una flor que se marchita.
A flower that is dried up.
Un árbol que no crece porque no es su lugar.
A tree that doesn't grow because it's not in its place.
Un castigo que se me impone 
A punishment that is put on me.
Un verso que me tacha y me anula.
A verse that is crossed out and voids me.
Tengo todo el cuerpo encadenado.
I have all of my body chained.
Las manos agrietadas. Mil arrugas en la piel.
Cracked hands. One thousand wrinkles on the skin.
Las fantasmas hablan en la nuca.
the ghosts speak into back of the neck.
Se reabre la herida y me sangra 
The wound reopens and I bleed.
Hay un jilguero en mi garganta 
There is a goldfinch in my throat
que vuela con fuerza. 
that flies with force.
Tengo la necesidad de girar la llave 
I have the need to turn the key
y no mirar atrás.
and not look back.



Vocabulary


cuello: neck
dibujé: I drew
encadenado: chained
espejo: mirror
gritar: to shout
monstsruo: monster
nudo: knot
prudente: Wise
respirar: to breath
sutileza: subtlety

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Tengo Dinero By Juan Gabriel

Learn Spanish With Juan Gabriel No Tengo Dinero/ I Don't Have Money Voy por la calle I walk down the street De la...