Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Granada By Placido Domingo

biSINGual logo

Learn Spanish With Placido Domingo




Granada

Granada, tierra soñada por mi
Granada, land of dreams for me.
Mi cantar se vuelve gitano 
My singing becomes Gypsy-like.
cuando es para ti
When it is for you
mi cantar...hecho de fantasía 
my singing is made of fantasy
mi cantar...flor de melancolía 
my singing a melancholy flower
que yo te vengo a dar.
that I come to give you.
Granada, tierra ensangrentada 
Granada, bloodied earth
en tardes de toros.
in afternoons of bullfights
Mujer que conserva el embrujo 
Lady who saves the hex
de los ojos moros.
of those Morish eyes.
De sueño rebelde y gitanas
of rebel dreams and Gypsies
cubierta de flores.
covered in flowers
y beso tu boca de grana ,
and kiss your mouth of grain,
jugosa manzana 
juicy apple
que me habla de amores 
that speaks to me of loves
Granada Manola, cantada 
Granada, Manola sung
en coplas preciosas.
in precious verses
no tengo otra cosa que darte 
I have no other thing to give you
que un ramo de rosas.
than a bouquet of roses.
de rosas de suave frangancia 
of roses of soft fragrance
que le dieran marco a la Virgen Morena 
that gave the dark virgin her place
Granada, tu tierra está llena 
Granada, your land is full
de lindas mujeres, de sangre y de sol
of pretty women, blood and of the sun.

Vocabulary

darte: to give you
embrujo: spell, hex
ensangrentada: bloody
fantasia: fantasy
gitano: gypsy
grana: small seed, grain
jugosa: juicy
melancolía: sadness
soñada: dreamed
tierra: land

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Tengo Dinero By Juan Gabriel

Learn Spanish With Juan Gabriel No Tengo Dinero/ I Don't Have Money Voy por la calle I walk down the street De la...