Tuesday, January 30, 2018

No Eres Para Mi By Fanny Lu



biSINGual logo

Learn Spanish With Fanny Lu



No Eres Para Mi / You're Not For Me


Que me dice que me quiere
That he tells me that he wants me
Que vivir sin mí no puede
That he can't live without me
Que lo agobian los momentos en que no estoy junto a él
That he is overwhelmed by the moments that I am not next to him
Que siempre me había esperado
That he has always waited for me
Que era a quien había soñado
That I was who he had dreamed of
La que su mamá quería para que fuera su mujer
That his mom wanted me to be his woman
Que mis ojos son estrellas
That my eyes are stars
Que mi risa es la más bella
That my smile is the most beautiful
Que todos mis atributos son perfectos para él
That all of my attributes are perfect for him
Que si fuera un retratista
That if he could make portraits
Que si fuera un buen artista,
That if he was a good artist,
yo sería su Mona Lisa y hasta un tango de Gardel
I would be his  Mona Lisa and even Gardel's tango
Y a él solo lo trago yo
and for him only, I swallowed it
Quiero que tú sepas que tú no eres para mí
I want you to know that you are not for me
Que tú no eres para mí. siempre supe pero no hice caso
That you are not for me. I always knew but I did not make it a big deal
Que ni se te ocurra aparecer por aquí
Do not even think of showing up here
Aparecer por aquí Con tus enredos y cuentos baratos
Appearing here with your tangled and cheap stories
Quiero que tú sepas que yo no soy para ti
I want you to know that you are not for me
Que no yo soy para ti, siempre supe pero no hice caso
That I am not for you. I always knew it but didn't make it a big deal
Que ni se me ocurra estar de nuevo junto a ti
It doesn't occur to me to be with you again
Estar de nuevo junto a ti mi corazón no aguanta más fracaso
To be with you again makes my heart not tolerate more failures
Que me promete la luna
That you promised me the moon
Que yo soy como ninguna
That I am like no other woman
Que parezco una doncella de esas que hay que proteger
That I seem like the kind of maiden that you have to protect
Que sus vicios ha dejado
That you have quit all of your vices
Que su suelo le ha aumentado
That your land has grown
Que me promete la vida que yo siento merecer
That you can promise me the life I feel I deserve
Y hoy solo lo trago yo
and today only I swallowed it.
(chorus)
Y yo que tanto me decía que no me convenías
And you said so much that did not suit me
Que eras mi destrucción
That you were my destruction
y siempre yo tratando de dejarte
and I always was trying to leave you
Tu día ya llego
Your day has come
Tu día ya llego
Your day has come
(chorus)

Vocabulary

aparecer: to appear
atributos: attributes
aumentado: increased
baratos: cheap
dejarte: to leave you
enredos: tangled, twisted
fracaso: failure
merecer: to deserve
proteger: to protect
Vicios: vices

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Tengo Dinero By Juan Gabriel

Learn Spanish With Juan Gabriel No Tengo Dinero/ I Don't Have Money Voy por la calle I walk down the street De la...