Monday, January 15, 2018

El Corrido De Juanito By Calibre 50

biSINGual logo

Learn Spanish With Calibre 50





El Corrido De Juanito / The Ballad of Juanito


Casi 14 años
Almost 14 years
Sin ir a mi tierra
without my homeland
a donde nací.
where I was born
Ya todo ha cambiado
already all has changed
Le ruego a mi dios
I beg to my God
No se olviden de mí.
they don't forget me
Se murió mi madre
My mom died
Y dice mi padre
and my father says
Que ya está muy viejo
that he is very old
y no quiere venir
and he doesn't want to come
Y yo sin poder ir
and I'm not able to go
Y yo sin poder ir
and I'm not able to go
Trabaje y trabaje
I worked and worked
Tengo muchos días
I have so many days
que no miro el sol.
where I don't see the sun
Mis hijos son grandes
My sons are big
Y no les entiendo
and I don't understand them
No hablan español.
They don't speak Spanish
No han sentido miedo
They have not felt the fear
Aquel que no ha visto
He who has not seen
Una camioneta de migración
an immigration van
O una deportación
or deportation
O una deportación.
or deportation
De botitas a sombrero
From boot to hat
Me miran seguido
they continue looking at me
Por el freeway.
from the freeway
Jardinero o cocinero
Gardener or cook
Igual me la rifo
It's the same to me. It's a toss up.
dirán en 
they will say
Y aunque me miren pa' abajo
and although they look down on me
La cara levanto
I raise my face
Empinándome un bote.
Drinking from a bottle
Como quiera, soy amigo
like they want, I am  a friend
Y también mexicano
and also Mexican
Mexicano hasta el tope
Mexican from the top
La vida no es fácil
Life is not easy
Y menos acá
and less here
Lo que dicen no es cierto.
Like they say nothing is certain
Nomás de acordarme
no more think of me
Las miles de cruces
The thousands of crosses
Que vi en el desierto.
that I saw in the desert
Las noches son tristes
The nights are sad
Pensando y pensando
thinking and thinking
En los que se quedaron
of those that stayed
Se me pasa el tiempo
Time passes me
y en ver a mi viejo
and in seeing my old man
y en ver a mi viejo.
and in seeing my old man.
Más que agradecido
More than grateful
Estoy con mi dios
I am with my God
Por lo que me ha dado.
for that which I have been given
Les mando un saludo
I send a greeting
A todos mis primos
to all my cousins
mis tíos y hermanos.
my uncles and brothers
Con los ojos tristes
with sad eyes
y paso cansado
and my walk is tired
Promete Juanito
John promises
Que va a visitarlos
that he is going to visit them
Y poder abrazarlos
and be able to hug them
Y poder abrazarlos...
and be able to hug them
(chorus)

Vocabulary

años : years
cambiado: changed
camioneta : van
casi: almost
cocinero: cook
deportación: deportation
grandes: large
imigración: immigration
jardinero: gardener
poder: to be able

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Tengo Dinero By Juan Gabriel

Learn Spanish With Juan Gabriel No Tengo Dinero/ I Don't Have Money Voy por la calle I walk down the street De la...