Friday, January 5, 2018

La Maza By Silvio Rodríguez

biSINGual logo

Learn Spanish With Silvio Rodríguez






La Maza / The Hammer


si no creyera en la locura
if I didn't believe in the madness
de la garganta del sinsonte
of the mockingbird's throat
si no creyera que en el monte
If I did not believe that in the mountain
se esconde el trino y la pavorosa
hides the echo and the terrifying 
si no creyera en la balanza
if  I didn't believe in the balance
es la razón del equilibrio
is the reason of the scales
si no creyera en el delirio
if I didn't believe delirium
si no creyera en la esperanza
if I didn't believe in hope
si no creyera en lo que agencio
if I did not believe in the agency
si no creyera en mi camino
if I did not believe in my road
si no creyera en mi sonido
if I didn't believe in my sound
si no creyera en mi silencio
if I didn't believe in my silence
que cosa fuera
what would be
que cosa fuera la maza sin cantera
that thing would be the hammer without the quarry.
un amasijo hecho de cuerdas y tendones
a dough made of cords and tendons
un revoltijo de carne con madera
a jumble of meat and wood
un instrumento sin mejores resplandores
an instrument without the best radiances
que lucecitas montadas para escena
than the little mounted lights for the scene
que cosa fuera ,corazón, que cosa fuera
what would be, heart, what would be
que cosa fuera la maza sin cantera
that thing would be the hammer without a quarry
un testaferro del traidor de los aplausos
a figurehead of the traitor of the applause
un servidor de pasado en copa nueva
a server of the past in a new cup
un eternizador de dioses del ocaso
an externalizor of the Gods of the sunset
jubilo hervido con trapo y lentejuela
a boiled jubilee with rags and sequins
que cosa fuera ,corazón-,que cosa fuera
what would be, heart, what would be
que cosa fuera la maza sin cantera
what would be the hammer without the quarry
que cosa fuera -corazón- que cosa fuera
what would be, heart, what would be
que cosa fuera la maza sin cantera.
what would be the hammer without the quarry
si no creyera en lo mas duro
if I didn't believe in the difficult
si no creyera en el deseo
if I didn't believe in desire
si no creyera en lo que creo
If I didn't believe in that which I believe
si no ceyera en algo puro.
if I didn't believe in something pure
si no creyera en cada herida
if I didn't believe in each wound
si no creyera en la que ronda
if I didn't believe in that which comes around
si no creyera en lo que esconde
if I didn't believe in that which hides
hacerse hermano de la vida
to make one brother of life
si no creyera en quien me escucha
if I did not believe in those who listen to me
si no creyera en lo que duele
if I didn't believe in that which hurts
si no creyera en lo que queda
if I didn't believe in that which stays
si no creyera en lo que lucha.
If I didn't believe in that which fights
que cosa fuera
what would be

Vocabulary

Amasijo: dough
Balanza: balance
Delirio: delirium
Equilibrio: balance
Garganta: throat
Locura: crazy
Monte: mountain
Reslpandor: radiance
Revoltijo: jumble
Sinsonte: mockingbird









No comments:

Post a Comment

No Tengo Dinero By Juan Gabriel

Learn Spanish With Juan Gabriel No Tengo Dinero/ I Don't Have Money Voy por la calle I walk down the street De la...