Friday, February 16, 2018

La Cigarra By Linda Ronstadt


biSINGual logo


Learn Spanish With Linda Ronstadt



La Cigarra / The Cicada


A no me cantes cigarra
Don't sing to me, cicada
Que acabe tu sonsonete
Let your singsong stop
Que tu canto aquí en el alma
That your song here in the soul
como un puñal se me mete
like a dagger gets me
Sabiendo que cuando cantas
knowing that when you sing
Pregonado vas tu muerte
you are announcing your death
Marinero Marinero
Sailor, Sailor
Dime si es verdad que sabes
Tell me if it is true that you know
porque distinguir no puedo
I can't distinguish
si en el fondo de los mares
if in the background of the seas
Hay otro color mas negro
there is another color blacker
Que el color de mis pesares
than the colors of my regrets
Un palomito al volar
A little dove upon flying
que llevaba el pecho herido
was bearing a wounded chest
ya casi para llorar
already almost crying
Me dijo muy afligido
it told me very affected
ya me canso de buscar
that already I am tired of looking
un amor correspondido
for a corresponding love
Bajo la sombra de un árbol
under the shade of a tree
Y al compás de mi guitarra
and to the beat of my guitar,
Canto alegre este huapango
I sing a happy huapango (regional dance song)
Porque la vida se acaba
because life ends
Y quiero morir cantando
and I want to die singing
Como muere la cigarra
like the how the cicada dies

Vocabulary

afligido: afflicted 
correspondido: corresponded 
distinguir: to distinguish 
fondo: background 
morir: to die 
muerte: death 
pesares: regrets 
pregonado: announcing
sonsonete: singsong 
verdad: truth

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Tengo Dinero By Juan Gabriel

Learn Spanish With Juan Gabriel No Tengo Dinero/ I Don't Have Money Voy por la calle I walk down the street De la...