Thursday, February 22, 2018

La Camisa Negra By Juanes

biSINGual logo

Learn Spanish With Juanes



La Camisa Negra / The Black Shirt


Tengo la camisa negra
I have the black shirt
Hoy mi amor está de luto 
Today my love is mouring
Hoy tengo en el alma una pena 
Today I have a pain in my soul
y es por culpa de tu embrujo 
and it is the fault of your spell
Hoy sé que tú ya no me quieres
Today I know that you don't love me anymore
y eso es lo que más me hiere
and that is what hurts me the most
Que tengo la camisa negra
I have a black shirt
y una pena que me duele
and a pain that hurts me
Mal parece que solo me quedé
It seems bad that I was alone
y fue pura todita tu mentira
and it was all your pure lie
que maldita mala suerte la mía
that damn bad luck of mine
que aquel día te encontré
that some day I found you
Por beber del veneno malevo de tu amor
By drinking from your malevolent poison of your love
yo quedé moribundo y lleno de dolor
I stayed dying and full of pain
respiré de ese humo amargo de tu adiós
I breathed of that bitter smoke of your goodbye
y desde que tú te fuiste yo solo tengo
and since you left I only have
tengo la camisa negra
I have a black shirt
porque negra tengo el alma
because I have a black soul
Yo por ti perdí la calma
Because of you I lost my peace
y casi pierdo hasta mi cama
and almost I  am lost up to my bed
te digo con disimulo
I tell you with slyness
que tengo la camisa negra
that I have a black shirt
y debajo tengo el difunto
and underneath I have deceased
tengo la camisa negra
I have a black shirt
ya tu amor no me interesa
Your love no longer interests me
lo que ayer me supo a gloria
That which yesterday I knew was glory
hoy me sabe a pura
today know to be clear
miércoles por la tarde y tú que no llegas
Wednesday afternoon and you don't arrive
ni siquiera muestras señas
you didn't even show a sign
y yo con la camisa negra
and I with the black shirt
y tus maletas en la puerta
and your suitcases at the door
(chorus)

Vocabulary


de luto: mourning
embrujo: spell, bewitched
maldita: damn
moribundo: dying
humo: smoke
amargo: bitter
difunto: deceased
miércoles: Wednesday
señas: direction, hint, sign
disimulo: slyness


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Tengo Dinero By Juan Gabriel

Learn Spanish With Juan Gabriel No Tengo Dinero/ I Don't Have Money Voy por la calle I walk down the street De la...