Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Frío Frío By Juan Luis Guerro

biSINGaul logo
It's like Spanish Immersion without the airfare


Learn Spanish With Juan Luis Guerra



Frío Frío / Cold Cold


Tu amor está completamente tierno
Your love is completely tender
Forjado de recuerdos 
forged from memories
Y sin saber es cielo en la ventana
and without knowing it is heaven in the window
que me abre la mañana 
that I open in the morning.
Tu amor me parte en dos. El occidente
your love splits me in two. The west
Me clava de repente
Suddenly it nails me
Y me convierte en masa
converts me into a mass
que se amolda
that forms
a una ilusión ardiente
a burning illusion
Dime si mastico
Tell me, if I chew
el verde menta de tu voz
the minty green of your voice
o le pego un parcho a mi alma
or if I stick a patch to my soul
Átame al pulgar derecho
tie my right thumb to
de tu corazón
your heart
y dime como está
and tell me how it is
mi amor en tu amor
my love in your love.
Frío, frío como el agua del río
Cold, cold like the river water
O caliente como agua de la fuente
or hot like water from the source
Tibio, tibio como un beso que calla
Warm, warm like a quiet kiss
y se enciende si es que acaso le quieres.
and it lights up in case you like it.
Tu amor despierta y lava su carita
Your love wakes up and washes its face
De rosas me salpica
It splashes me with roses
y sin saber es una vía láctea
and without knowing it is a Milky Way
que gira y me da vida.
that spins and gives me life.
Tu amor lo guardo dentro de mis ojos
I guard your love inside my eyes
Como una lagrimita
like a tear
Y no los lloro para que no salgan.
and I don't cry so they don't leave.
Tus besos de mi vista.
Your kisses of my sight. 
(chorus)

Vocabulary

de repente: suddenly
forjado: forged
masa: dough
menta: mint
parcho: patch
recuerdos: memories
ventana: window
verde: green
vía láctea: Milky Way
voz: voice

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Tengo Dinero By Juan Gabriel

Learn Spanish With Juan Gabriel No Tengo Dinero/ I Don't Have Money Voy por la calle I walk down the street De la...