Thursday, December 21, 2017

El Orgullo De Mi Patria By Carlos Vives

biSINGual logo
Spanish immersion without the homesickness 

Learn Spanish With Carlos Vives










El Orgullo De Mi Patria / My Country's Pride


Yo conozco su cara y
I know your face and
conozco su alma
I know your soul.
Que no hay gente más buena que
I haven't seen better people
yo haya visto en otro lugar.
in other places.
Es mi pueblo. es mi herencia
It is my town. It is my heritage
Que me dio mi bandera
that gave me my flag
Que se alegra la vida.
that makes my life happy.
Cuando un domingo sale a pasear
when one Sunday he goes out,
no se queda en su cama.
he doesn't stay in his bed.
Se le nota en las ganas
you can notice the desire
Y aunque no ha amanecido
and although the sun has not risen,
muy tempranito sale a entrenar.
very early he goes out and trains.
Es un noble guerrero,
He is a noble warrior
un halcón montañero
A mountain hawk
Que sube ligero y
that lighty soars and 
en las montañas se ve reinar
in the mountains can see itself reign.
Se lo digo yo
I am telling you
que me lleva el llanto
that brings me to tears
Esa es la emoción
that is the emotion
de ser colombiano
of being Columbian
Gracias mi tierra
Thanks, my land
querida te doy las gracias
Thank you, Dear.
Caramba mi chino y toda la patria
Way to go, my boy, and all of the country.
Caramba mi chino y toda la patria
Way to go, my boy, and all of the country.
Ahí va mi chino parado en su bicicleta
There goes my boy on top of his bike.
Caramba mi chino cruzó la meta
Way to go, my boy crossed the finish line.
Caramba mi chino cruzó la meta
Way to go, my boy crossed the finish lines
(the following are the names of the Columbian Bicycle team)
Rodando Efraín El Zipa Forero
Ramón Hoyos y Cochise
Patrocinio y Oliverio
Y el pajarito volando
Condorito con Libardo
Lucho Herrera, Fabio Parra
Soler, Niño y Rigoberto
Serpa y Santiago Botero
Y hasta tumba rodo el Clavito
Maria Luisa y La Gran Mariana
Sergio Luis, Pantano y Gaviria
Y Dayer y Nariz Quintana
(chorus)

Vocabulary

Amanecido: dawn
Bandera: flag
Domingo: Sunday
Ganas: desire
Guerrero: warrior
Halcón: hawk
Herencia: heritage
Pasear: to take a walk
Pueblo: town
Visto: seen






No comments:

Post a Comment

No Tengo Dinero By Juan Gabriel

Learn Spanish With Juan Gabriel No Tengo Dinero/ I Don't Have Money Voy por la calle I walk down the street De la...