Friday, December 8, 2017

Spanish Immersion Listening To Flor Palida By Marc Anthony

biSINGual logo

Learn Spanish With Marc Anthony



Flor Pálida /  Pale Flower




Hallé una flor
I found a flower
un día en el camino
one day in the road
que apareció marchita y deshojada.
that looked withered and leafless.
Ya casi pálida, ahogada en un suspiro
Already pale, drowning in a sigh.
Me la llevé a mi jardín para cuidarla
I carried her to my garden to take care of her.
Aquella flor de pétalos dormidos
That flower of sleeping petals
A la que cuido hoy
that I take care of today 
con todo el alma
with all of my soul
Recuperó el color que había perdido
She regained the color she had lost
porque encontró
because she found
un cuidador que la regara
a caretaker to water her.
La fui poniendo
I was giving her a 
un poquito de amor
a little bit of  love
La fui abrigando en mi alma
I was sheltering her in my soul.
y en el invierno le daba calor
and in the winter I gave her warmth.
para que no se dañara
so that she wouldn't be damaged.
De aquella flor hoy el dueño soy yo
Today, I am the owner of that flower
y he prometido cuidarla
and I have promised to take care of her
para que nadie le robe el color.
so that no one steals her color.
Para que nunca se vaya.
So that she never leaves.
De aquella flor surgieron tantas cosas.
From that flower came so many things.
Nació el amor que un día se había perdido
Love was born that day when it had been lost
y con la luz del sol se fue la sombra
and with the light of the sun, the shadow left
y con la sombra la distancia y el olvido
and with the shadow, th e distance and forgotten.
Le fui poniendo un poquito de amor.
I was giving her a little love.
La fui abrigando en mi alma.
I was sheltering her in my soul
y  en el invierno le daba calor
and in the winter I was giving it warmth
para que no se dañara
so that she wouldn't be damaged.
De aquella flor hoy el dueño soy yo
Today, I am the owner of that flower
y he prometido cuidarla
and I have promised to take care of her
Para que siempre este cerca de mí
Forever that she is near me
Para que nunca se vaya
That she never leaves.
Le fui brindando cariño un poquito 
I was giving her a little 
de amor para que nunca se vaya
love so that she never left
Y en el invierno
and in the winter
 lleno mi jardín with color
 she filled my garden  de color 
Cuando la vi, me enamore y 
When I see her, I fall in love and 
me la llevé y me la llevé.
I carried her and I carried her.

Vocabulary


Abrigando: sheltering
Ahogada: drowned
Camino: road
Deshojada: without leafs
Invierno: winter
Jardín: garden
Marchita: withered
Pálida: pale
Pétalos: petals
Suspiro: sigh


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Tengo Dinero By Juan Gabriel

Learn Spanish With Juan Gabriel No Tengo Dinero/ I Don't Have Money Voy por la calle I walk down the street De la...