Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Maldito Duende by Héroes del Silencio

Héroes de Silencio




Maldito Duende/ Damn Elf


He oído que la noche es toda magia
I have heard that the night is completely magic
y que un duende te invita a soñar
and that an elf invites you to dream
y se que ultimamente apenas he parado
and I know that lately I have barely stopped
y tengo la impresion de divagar.
and I have the impression of rambling.
amanece tan pronto
The sun rises so soon
y yo estoy tan solo
and I am so alone
y no me arrepiento de lo de ayer.
and I don't regret yesterday.
Sí las estrellas te iluminan
Yes, the stars shine for you
y te sirven de guía
and they serve as your guide.
te sientes tan fuerte que piensas que nadie
You feel so stong that you think nobody
te puede tocar.
can touch you.
Las distancias se hacen cortas,
The distance is short
pasan rápidas las horas.
The hours pass quickly.
y este cuarto no para de menguar
and this room does not stop closing in
y tantas cosas por decir,
and so many things to say,
tanta charla por aquí.
So much chatter around here.
si fuera posible escapar de este lugar.
If it was possible to escape from this place,
Amanence tan pronto
The sun rises so early
y yo estoy tan solo,
and I am so alone,
que no arrepiento lo de ayer.
that I do not regret things of yesterday.


Vocabulary


apenas:barely
charlar:to chat
divagar:to meander,wander
duende: elf, goblin
escapar:to escape
estrellas: stars
guía: guide 
magia:magic
menguar: to wane
soñar: to dream

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Tengo Dinero By Juan Gabriel

Learn Spanish With Juan Gabriel No Tengo Dinero/ I Don't Have Money Voy por la calle I walk down the street De la...